Friday, May 10, 2013

"Our" First Garden

A few weeks ago, James suggested that we plant a garden.  I just stared at him.  Where are we going to plant a garden?  Neither of us own the homes we live in and my experience with gardening only involves killing things.  He suggested we buy pots and just do a few things.  Sure, I'm in!
After discussing our plan with his parents, they suggested that we split their garden and we can help maintain it.  We are going to have quite the harvest in a few months!
Several different kinds of tomatoes!

Onions and carrots

Peppers, jalapenos, and beets

Zucchini, yellow squash, and pumpkins.

Raspberries...yummmm!
Herbs...lots and lots of yummy herbs!
There are lots of beans too and radishes.  Our beets, radishes, and carrots have started sprouting above the dirt.  It's so exciting!  I can't wait until we are eating our own fruits and veggies!  P.S. It poured rain on us almost the whole time we rototilled and planted.  We like to keep things exciting!

1 comment: