I spent last week in Vail, CO for work. I won't lie...I was 0% excited for this trip. I didn't want to be away from the boy for that long at all! I survived the week though, and it ended up being a really quick and fun week.
The first day Jen (my boss) and I drove, we stopped at this golf course for lunch. It was beautiful!
Then we went to a sushi place for dinner that night. Jen has never met James but she loves him for helping me like sushi. It was yummy to my tummy!
The next night I got a half rotisserie chicken with grilled asparagus on a bed of wild rice risotto. Yes please! I had to document my delicious meals and send pics to James so that he would be jealous. I'm pretty rude!
On our walk home from dinner we came across an awesome park with a pirate ship playground. That is Jen, the best boss around!
I had never been to Vail before really. I had driven through a time or two, but I had never gone into the villages. It was so lovely with buildings that look like this...
And bridges going over the river like this...
And walkways like this...
It was their total off season so the hotel was actually affordable and most of the restaurants (the few that were open) had major discounts on all their entrees. Awesome!
One morning I decided to go for a run. I nearly died! I will never try running at 8100 feet ever again. There is not enough oxygen for me up in those elevations! It sure was beautiful though!
I watched the sunrise over the mountains on my run.
This was our hotel...the Tivoli Lodge. It was about a block from Vail Village, and it was so nice!
Here is a little panorama shot that I tried on my phone so you can get another feel for Vail.
It was a fun week, but I sure was overjoyed to get off that airplane have James waiting there to pick me up! I'm pathetic, I know! It's weeks like this that make my job worth it though!
No comments:
Post a Comment