I hesitate to post on my blog about such personal things, but it is essentially my journal, and I want to remember these times. I also know of about 6 people who read my blog and they are all related to me or dear friends who already know all this, so here it goes.
I met James early in September online (this whole online thing has proven to be quite fruitful for me!). We emailed back and forth for a few weeks, and our first date was the end of September. We met at a Thai restaurant in Sandy. I thought he was very cute, easy to talk to, and just all around a great guy, and we had a lot in common. He asked me at the end of the date if I would go on another date with him. I said yes, of course! On a side note, I really like when guys do that at the end of a first date. That way you don't have to wonder and analyze and become a spazz waiting to see if he will call or if you should text him to thank him or what the next move will be if there is any next move at all. Dating is so dumb! But it is kind of exciting and fun at the same time!
We went out again the following week downtown to the Church History Museum and to dinner at the Blue Lemon. Again, I had a really great time and continued to be quite impressed with this guy. The following week, I had tickets to the Carrie Underwood concert. He was kind enough to be my date even though he doesn't love country music.
| At the Carrie Underwood concert...our first picture together...ahhh, how cute! |
We went out again the next week before I left for my Chicago trip. We went to Bruges Waffles and Frites and then wandered around downtown trying to find pearl sugar to recreate Bruges waffles. No pearl sugar to be found.
| Machine gun sandwich at Bruges |
After that, I was in Chicago, and then he was on a cruise with his family. Absense definitely made the heart grow fonder...for me anyway! He took me up to Park City for my birthday, and we walked up and down Main St and went to dinner.
| Park City - he's not abnormally tall, I'm just abnormally short! |
We have gone to several BYU sporting events. He has passed the BYU-fan/behavior-at-a-sporting-event test!
We double dated with the engageds last week and went to see Lincoln and got dessert. We played around with the Hobbit display. I'm hobbit size!
And we have of course done the typical lights at Temple Square date.
I even helped him decorate his parent's house for Christmas. Here I am wearing the tree skirt as a real skirt. I'm pretty dorky!
So the bottom line is that James is amazing and I adore him! We are having so much fun dating and spending time together. Hopefully posting this doesn't jinx anything! It could all be over tomorrow (this is how dating goes, for me anyway), but I sure hope it doesn't! He is a definite keeper! Stay tuned as my adventures in dating continue! It has been a crazy year in the dating department, but I'm overjoyed to be ending 2012 on a good note!
Love you Ker!
ReplyDeleteI think this is a fun stage you're in! Glad you're enjoying it! Hope to meet JT sometime soon! :)
ReplyDelete