When Olivia and Jake got engaged, Olivia told me she wanted to make her own wedding cake and asked me to be her sous chef. Of course, I was in! Olivia and I love baking together, and we make an awesome team. It also would check something off my bucket list (I think...I probably technically was thinking I would make a wedding cake by myself, but we are going to count this!) About a week before the wedding, we did a trial run. Olivia did most of the trial run because it largely happened after my bed time, but it was a FULL trial run. It was quite the success though! We were ready to roll on the real deal!
Then two nights before the wedding, we made 17 cakes and six batches of frosting. The kitchen was a disaster, but we sure had a lot of fun!
The night before the wedding and after setting up for the reception, we stacked and frosted all the individual tiers.
Between the luncheon and the reception, I successfully transported all the tiers over to the church and stacked all the tiers on the beautiful cake stands. I touched them up, and then Tricia added the finishing touches with the flowers. They turned out amazingly! And they tasted amazing too! Thanks, O for letting me assist in making your wedding cake! Let's mark that off the bucket list for now, unless I lose my mind and decide to do this again on my own!
It was delicious too. Good job ker.
ReplyDeleteGood job girls!
ReplyDeleteCan't imagine putting that on my bucket list...sounds so stressful to me! Way to go! Wish I could have tried some of it!
ReplyDeleteKer I couldn't have done it without you! I miss baking with you but am so happy when I hear you've been baking with James!
ReplyDelete