Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Another Football Season in the Books

Back in March when Olivia and I were buying our season football tickets, we both decided to buy two tickets in good faith that we would have "someone special" to go with us to the games in the fall.  It turned out to be quite the adventure!  Olivia started dating that "special someone" in June.  I started dating someone in May and thought my extra tickets were taken care of as well.  That didn't turn out so well!  So my special someone ended up changing on a game-to-game basis. 
We kicked off the season by going to a cougar party where we got a poster signed by a bunch of players to hang in Olivia's classroom.

Jake (Olivia's now fiancee) couldn't come to the first game, so Kara and Tricia joined us.  Tricia is great date to a football game!  There is something SOOOO exciting about the first football game of the season.  I love the sights, sounds, smells, and everything about college football!  White out for game 1!!
Olivia's sister and brother-in-law also got tickets with us.  The whole crew was there for game 2.  Tricia was my special someone again.  Bless her!
Quade was my special someone for game 3, and we got our first cougar tails of the season.  What a dream!  Game 3 was blue and white depending on what section you sat in.  We were in a white section.  You can kind of see the effect in the second picture.


I already blogged about game 4 when I took Jack and Sophie and my special first date with Josh.  That post is called "Mom Practice" if you need to refresh!
Olivia's mom joined us for game 5 along with Kara and Tricia again.  This one was a black out.  Yes, I did buy 3 different t-shirts for this football season.  Ridiculous!
The last game of the season started with a foot of snow on all the benches, but I finally had a "special someone" to bring with me!  Meet James!  He is spectacular!  And no offense to all my other special someones who joined me this season, but James was the one I was after all along! I did wear my snow pants, snow boots, and snow coat to this game.  Nice and cozy!



The thing that was not special about this season was the football team.  Ugh!  What a disappointment!  They are still bowling in December, but good grief!  They give ulcers!  As they say, there is always next season!  Hopefully I will still have a special someone to get tickets with next year!  And I'm sooooo happy that Olivia found her "special someone" to get season tickets with for eternity!  Yippee!!

3 comments:

  1. This is a fun thing that you do! Some of those games looked mighty chilly though! Can we be your date to one next season?...gotta get Isaac there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Olivia! Hang in there Ker, the cougs provide a lot of entertainment. It just isn't always great or even good entertainment but entertainment never-the-less. There is always next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ker I know those football tickets were the only reason Jake came into my life. Good thing we decided to buy on faith!

    ReplyDelete