| Freezing our booties off! |
We were looking forward to warming up in the heated tent at the race start. The race tent was not nearly big enough to accommodate all the people who wanted to be in it. We were like sardines in there, but we refused to wait outside any longer. Then I should have gone pee again before we took off running, but I didn't. I felt like I was going to wet myself the whole way, and every port-a-potty we passed had a line 10 people deep.
| Yes, that is snow. And yes it is hard to take a quality picture while running. |
| There are my girls! |
Olivia's fiancee, Jake Schofield (who I call Scho for short), was so kind and brought us chocolate milk. There is nothing better than some chocolate milk after a long run! He's a keeper! I supposed I can allow him to take one of my besties away from me.
| It was sunny. But not warm, don't be fooled! |
| Doughnuts are also a good thing to consume after running 13 miles. Thanks for those too, Scho! |
Sophie was Minnie Mouse.
Isaac was Elmo. Someday I will be in Boise on Halloween to celebrate with little Iz! I have the 3 cutest nephews and niece on the earth!
Then my 33rd birthday was hot on our tails. Heather took me to dinner one night to celebrate. I forgot to take a picture! Hate when I do that!
In the week leading up to my birthday, I decided to try and go to the temple 3 times. It was not to try and be super righteous but mostly because I had been in Chicago and lazy the two weeks before, so I had some making up to do. I love going to the temple! Going 3 times in one week was definitely a first for me, but it was so great. The Sunday before my birthday I had my temple recommend interview with a member of my bishopric, and the Sunday after my birthday, I had my interview with the Stake President. I love temple recommend interviews. For me it is way of bearing my testimony to myself and to my Heavenly Father. It's such a blessing to have so many temples so close! I called my parents on the way to the temple on my birthday, and they were on their way to the temple as well. I'm pretty sure I drove to the temple, did a session, and drove home all in the time it took them just to drive to the Los Angeles temple. I'm so spoiled and my parents are so faithful!
I bought myself an iPhone 5 on my actual birthday, and a new jacket. Tricia took me to lunch and bought me another to-die-for jacket, and I went to the gym. I got flowers from my friend, Adam, who lives in Illinois. So sweet and thoughtful! The night of my birthday ended up being a huge bust. I was supposed to have a date, but my date's dad ended up having some health problems, so my date had to raincheck. I was bummed to say the least, especially because this boy had been on vacation for a week and I hadn't seen his face in a long time. His dad is now fine, and he has some making up to do! :) So I turned 33 on the 3rd watching some awesome college football games by myself and going to bed at 10pm. Good thing I had a party with the Grossen's lined up for Sunday and another gathering planned for Monday.
| All dressed up and cute to watch football solo. This is the smokin' hot jacket Tricia bought me. Love it! |
Talk about making my day! Tricia and Preston had some fun with my camera after I had gone to bed Saturday night. That was a great surprise!
I headed to Amy's after church on Sunday and she had prepared a feast. At my request she made tuna balls (which involve zero tuna and are mostly just meatballs of deliciousness - a childhood fav). I got to have a dance party with Jack and Soph and eat the most delicious pumpkin cake ever.
These three video will make anyone smile especial this aunt! I love my babies!
| This is the best gal on earth! Thanks for such a great party, Ame! |
On Monday, my roommates made a delicious dinner and we had a few friends over. My birthday was mostly an excuse to see some friends over who we hadn't seen in a while. Ok, it was mostly to have Brett over so I could meet his girlfriend (I approve!). He made me a spectacular cake!
| New shirt and jeans (which you can't see) from my parentals. |
| I love these people! Brett, Kim, O, Jake, Quade, T, Preston, and me. |
| That's right, baby! |
Happy 33rd Birthday, Ker! Wish we could have been there to celebrate with you! Glad you had so much fun with all your friends! You are looking pretty cute in all your new clothes! :)
ReplyDeleteSo much fun! How can we make it work so we can be to all these special occasions every year--oh, move to Utah you say. Everyone needs to move back to the B-Town. We're thrilled you have so much support there Ker! I don't think you and Ame can ever live too far apart from one another. Only one year in your entire life had you had to do that. You two both made it through that though. Thanks for the videos of the kiddos. I love watching those.
ReplyDeleteThose videos are comedy! And I love the sticker from your mates. Sorry things didn't work out on your birthday. But it seems to be turning out ok in the end--right?
ReplyDelete