Sunday, October 28, 2012

Work in Chi Town

 The roommates and James left Sunday morning, and I headed to church.  Of course the second everyone leaves, the weather becomes amazing.  It was so beautiful, I walked from church to the hotel I was staying in for work.  It was about 3 miles and took me by Lincoln Park and down Michigan Ave (the Magnificent Mile).
Lincoln in Lincoln Park
 
 
A cool house on Lake Shore Dr
 
Chicago Tribune Building
This was the view from my hotel room.  I'm in love with that!
The view at night!
My office is about a mile from the hotel, so we got to walk to work every morning.  These are some sites along the way...
I call these the corn cob buildings.  They are condos.  The bottom 10 or so floors is parking.  And there is yacht parking on the river down below.  The condos are shaped like pie slices.  Bizarre!  Wish I could see inside one!
Merchandise Mart
I love the rivers running through downtown!
This is my office building.  We share the building with Boeing.
 
 One day they lifted all the roads so that the sailboats could come in from the lake.  I guess this only happens twice a week.
 Then I flew home.  It was like 70 and humid in Chicago.  There was snow when I landed in Salt Lake.  Burrrr!  Love Chicago!  But I was so happy to be home!
 I was in Chicago for training.  Now that they've laid off half my peeps, they are changing our roles and responsibilities.  It was interesting to say the least.  I don't know if I'm going to like the changes or not.  Time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment