I was back to full strength on Tuesday. Wednesday was Olivia's birthday. Her brother and sister were both in town for Thanksgiving, so we had a party. Here is a picture of me with two of her nieces (Emee and Lilly). They loved the bike. Kids always love the bike. I don't get it. Haha! They are about the cutest little girls on earth, and we had a blast celebrating O's birthday!
On Thursday morning, me and my running crew (Brett, Tricia, Olivia, and Heather) headed down to Draper for the Utah Human Race 5k. We have decided to make this a Thanksgiving morning tradition. We sort of love it! I ran my fastest 5k yet...28:38 minutes!! I knew if I kept Tricia in my sights, I would be good to go. I finished 4 seconds behind her...yippee!!
Amy and Kara even joined us! Hurray for a good turkey trot and running with these two hot ladies!
We met up with a couple of other friends afterward...Haley (check out that stellar turkey hat!) and Nathan. How Heather's hair looks so stunning after running 3 miles, I will never know. I am always a hot mess after running!
Here's me and my girls after the race. So proud of us! Time to start cooking. At this point, everyone is feeling fairly healthy. Sophie was still not totally normal.
| Jack still talks to me about the apple spinner. |
On Friday, Kara and Isaac were ill, so we didn't get to play as much as we wanted. They came over later that evening and we got to play one game. Poor little Iz (and Kara)...
I had purchase a United States and dinosaur cookie cutters, so Jack and I made sugar cookies on Saturday. Ryan was sick this day. They headed back to Boise this day, even though Ryan was ill. All our efforts to not spread our flu disease failed. Deeds still wasn't on top of his game on Saturday. It was kind of a miserable Thanksgiving, but at least we were all sick together. We got to watch a lot of football, so that was fun! I hate when things don't turn out the way I envision them happening. Oh well...what can you do?! I hope everyone's Thanksgiving was more awesome with less barf than mine!




Friends and family... so fun! Even if you were all unhealthy. Great pictures - you all look great and the kiddos are cute!
ReplyDelete