Sunday, November 20, 2011

Rise and Shout

Well, the regular football season is officially over.  This was my first year having season tickets.  Olivia and I bought tickets with Olivia's friend Kara.  It was pretty good season this year.  Well, I guess it was good.  It was a weird one, that's for sure.  Here is me at the first home football game where we got totally destroyed by Utah.  That's gotta be up in the top 10 worst sporting events of my life.  At least we got to meet Cosmo afterward.  Sept. 17 vs Utah 10-54

Kara couldn't make it to the second home game, so our friend, Maurianne, joined us.  Sept. 23 vs UCF 24-17
I just love this place!

And then there was the Utah State game.  It was pretty much a huge disappointment until the last quarter of the game.  We won in the last seconds thanks to Mr. Reilly Nelson.  Sept. 30 vs Utah State 27-24.  You would have thought we won the Super Bowl...nope, just Utah state.

Oct. 8 vs San Jose State 29-16 - Nothing to exciting to report here.  Yes, that's four straight weekends in a row of going down to Provo.  I was ready for an away game!  Love going to the games, but it's like an 8 hour commitment every time with traffic and construction.  Exhausting but worth it!
 
 Oct. 22 vs Idaho State 56-3 - This was the game that I went to with the Grossen's because Olivia was in Ashton planning her dad's funeral.  I sure did miss her during this game!  I already blogged about the game in an earlier post, so no pictures here.
Nov. 12 vs Idaho 42-7 By this time, we were playing really crappy teams and rolling.  It's a lot more fun when there are a lot of points being scored, but it also kind of makes things boring.  O and I stopped by this little piece of heaven before the game...
We also had a special guest come sit by us.  I met this guy Ben on an LDS singles website, so he met us at the game.  It was a pretty special time.  He's not a Coug fan.  I did enough cheering for both of us and he cheered at the ASU score on his smart phone.

The last home game was freezing and late.  I wasn't very thrilled about that, but we had to be there to support our Cougs!  I had about 5 layers on as you can tell.  After the game, we took some pics with the classic Y.  Nov. 19 vs New Mexico State 42-7
And that's the 2011 BYU Football season in a nutshell.  It was so fun to have season tickets with O!  Until next season LaVell Edwards Stadium...I love you!

3 comments:

  1. So random that it says this was posted on Nov. 20th. I checked this blog on Dec. 12th or so and nothing showed up. What's up? Loved the history of the Cougs 2011 season. Burrrrrrrrr! We always used to take a gigantic thermos full of hot cocoa to those cold BYU games. Those were the days! We want to go to a game next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome to have season tickets...too bad our team is not awesome. But I absolutely loved going to a game and being so so warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Janniecakes. I checked your blog just a few days ago... you must have started these posts a long time ago...?

    Yay for the Cougs! I watched what I could over here in Oregon. Kelley is truly half converted, I think! Glad you could have fun and make great memories :)

    ReplyDelete