Monday, November 7, 2011

32...Awesome!

 I first became fond of the number 32 when I was around 8 or 9 when I became a die hard fan of the Lakers and this legend...

Side note...Ryan reminded me that today is the 20 year anniversary of when Magic Johnson announced that he had HIV.  I was in 6th grade and at Camp K.E.E.P.  I cried.  I didn't understand what HIV was then, but I knew it meant he was going to die, and I was the saddest.  Good news is, he's still alive and my first reason for loving the number 32!
Another reason I love the number 32 is because of this hero...
The JIMMER!!  
Another reason I love the number 32 is because of this hero...
The JIMMER!!  







 And don't forget about this epic #32!  Dennis Pitta...miss that guy!


So I really couldn't be happier about turning 32.  What a great number!  Here is a review of my birthday week...
On Sunday, I spoke in Sacrament meeting.  Most of my talk came from this most incredible BYU Devotional given by Elder Bednar in October 2001.  If you haven't read or heard it in a while or ever, I HIGHLY recommend it.  Just incredible!  I threw in a little dash of this story, and that was my talk in a nutshell.  I felt like it went pretty well.  I sort of love speaking in sacrament meeting even though it makes me so dang nervous!
On Monday, my roommates and I went to Costco.  Always love that place!  And if you want to go to Costco when it is at its deadest, go when everyone else is out trick-o-treating...pure miracle!
On Tuesday, Tricia and I went to Olivia's school to see a performance by her students.  They each got to pick a historical figure to research, write a poem about, dress up as, and then recite said poem in costume.  It was fun to see where O works and put faces with the names of some of the students she talks about.  Except now I only know them as Ghandi, Columbus, Anne Frank, etc.  Haha!  That night, we sort of spontaneously bought tickets to fly to California in a few weeks to see Wicked and go to Disneyland.  We have been tossing around this idea for weeks now to celebrate all of our birthdays, but there was a deal on flights that night, and we made the purchase.  I'm SOOO excited I could wet myself!  It can't come soon enough!
On Wednesday, my coworkers took me to lunch for my birthday.  We went to Cafe Trang, and I got Thai food.  My favorite!  Love that spicy goodness so much!  When I got home, I went for a little run and then (buckle up for this one folks) I went on a date.  Yes, a real live date.  It was with a guy I went on a blind date with about a year and half ago.  It just took him that long to ask me out again...haha!  Just kidding...it is sort of a long story, but the date went well.  He is a stellar guy, and we both love BYU football.  We'll see what happens.
On Thursday, I woke up to ride my bike and found a present from my roommates and Preston sitting on the counter.  I only opened the card because I wanted to save the present for later, but the card was awesome.  It read, "Friends are like wedgies...it feels really good when you pick out a good one."  This is a fact, and Tricia, Olivia, and Preston are some of the greatest wedgies I've ever had!  After a day at work, Amy brought the kiddos down and Olivia made us a delicious dinner (such a super friend and roommate)!  Amy made a cake and brought ice cream (such a stunning friend and sister) and we just had a little party with the five of us.  Here are the pics...
 
 
 
 I opened my presents from everyone, which were all awesome...thank you, thank you, thank you!  I also got tons of love in texts, wall posts, and phone calls from my parentals, Kara and Ryan (and Iz), and Dedo.  An Edible Arrangement showed up on my doorstep from Adam the next day.  So thoughtful and delicious!  Thank you to everyone who made my 32nd birthday so specatular.  I went a played a little stake volleyball that night too.  Couldn't miss that!
On Friday, a few my dearest friends and my fam all met for dinner a Johanna's Kitchen.  Then we went over to our house and had cookies and ice cream and watched Pride and Prejudice (Colin Firth version).
Preston, Brett, Me and Heather
Me and my girlies!
Me and the fam
Thanks for coming everyone!
On Saturday, I slept in as long as I possibly could (8:45am-ish), and then pretty much just chilled the whole day.  We ran some errands.  I worked on a project for my church calling.  O and I did a workout, which I am feeling the effects of today.  Then O and I went to Chili's for dinner and watched football.
Yesterday, I went to church, went to choir practice, got visit taught, worked more on my little project, and finished the day off with dinner at the Ellison's.  Tricia's family has literally taken Olivia and I in as their own daughters.  We have Sunday dinner there pretty much every week.  I love them and am SO grateful for their love and hospitality!  I will take a picture soon...most of the fam was M.I.A. last night.  I'm not sure if this is the sort of thing one should blog about, but I'm going to anyway for my own journaling purposes.  T, O, and I and all our families fasted for increased opportunities for dating and meeting worthy gentlemen.  Let's be honest, the dating pool is thin, if existent at all, around here, and we are in desperate need of help.  We each want that more than anything, but it sho ain't happenin'!  I am not the greatest faster, but yesterday was different.  There is something really special about fasting with a real purpose and in combination with loved ones.  Thank you to everyone who added us to their faith, prayers, and fast yesterday.  We felt your love and support, and we are feeling optimistic!  We also watched the CES Fireside by President Packer.  I was in bed by 10pm...love it!
So that was my birthday week.  It was the greatest!  32 is a great number and I'm looking forward to it!  Hopefully it will be "Magic"al and Jimmer-ific!!

4 comments:

  1. Stellar birthday Ker. Glad we could be a part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Kara: Happy Birthday again, Ker! Wish we could have been there to celebrate with you, BUT...we will be there in a few short weeks and you will get to open another gift! Yay! :) Sounds like you had a great week full of fun activities. On a side note...Sophie makes the most hilarious faces ever in every picture, I think! Way to be 32!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so beautiful! I'm glad you have such a happy life, loving friends & family, and are so in tune spiritually. You truly are my hero!

    Sophie's scrunchy face is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your dreams for "32". You have a lot of magical things going on with that number. Sure do love you Ker Bear! I have a great Magic article for you to read. I was hoping it would surprise you but alas, your bro couldn't forget that day in 1991 and do doubt neither could you. I was at game at Stockdale Christian when I got the news.

    ReplyDelete