Our Christmas day was not what we expected it to be. With James' new job, any time it snows, he is pretty much M.I.A. Of course it started snowing late Christmas Eve night. James left around 1am to go check all his properties and get his crews started on snow removal. I got up with him so we could see what "Santa" had brought us. I was going to keep our tradition of watching a movie, but I thought it was pretty silly to do by myself, so I headed back to bed when James left. James got home a little before 6am. It was just in time for Porter to wake up and to open presents.
 |
| Just waiting for Porter to wake up! |
When we finally heard him making some noise we ran upstairs to get him. We were so excited for him to come downstairs to see all the presents and to open them. He immediately saw his gift from Santa...a night light that projects stars all over his room. We found the candy in his stocking too, and then he was pretty much good to go. He didn't have much interest in opening presents.
It became like pulling teeth to get him to open a present. He just didn't have the attention for it. He did love his new broom and dustpan though!
 |
| We couldn't even get him to hold still for a family picture, hence his is blurry! |
We had to go to church shortly, so James and I quickly made our traditional Christmas bacon and threw it on a yummy breakfast bagel. Then we got ready for church. I had to speak in sacrament meeting, so that was on the back of my mind all morning. Talk about putting a little damper on Christmas morning!
 |
| Post-church family Christmas picture |
 |
| Christmas outfit |
 |
| I can't be more excited about my new shelf for the laundry room and my new BYU hoodie! |
Immediately after church, James headed back out to work, and Porter and I headed up to Amy's. We played and ate and played and ate all day. I'm so grateful Amy was in town and so close! It would have been a real bummer to sit at home alone all day!
 |
| A Christmas IBC cream soda! |
James finally got to Amy's a little before 7pm running on about 3 hours of sleep. Poor guy! And the forecast does not look good for snow for the next 10 days...booooo! Luckily, James has a great boss who is promising they will have comp time for all these hours worked. In the meantime, Porter and I are keeping busy with our new presents...
 |
| My gift from Santa was a dot-to-dot of cityscapes. So awesome! |
 |
| We completed Porter's Babylit book collection. I'm obsessed with these! |
 |
| Deeds, Kimmy, and Lynlea got Porter this fun bath toy. |
Hopefully Porter will be more excited about presents next year and hopefully it won't snow! He wouldn't even open his last 3 presents so those are up in the closet awaiting his birthday. Haha! One thing I did love was going to church on Christmas. It was a great way to focus on what was most important about this day! Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment