Wednesday, September 18, 2013

A Few More Fun Things Before the Big Day

We had some really fun things going on the couple of weeks before our wedding.  We were very lucky to get get some tickets for the James Taylor and Mormon Tabernacle Choir concert.  It was so fabulous!  I was on a date with James Taylor to see James Taylor.  I really like boys named James Taylor.  What a great time!

 
 Then it was the first home football game!  This is the best time of the year easily!  I love love LOVE college football so much!  This game turned out to be quite an experience.  It was a little rainy when we left, but by the time we got to Provo it was windy and rainy like I have never seen in Utah before.  The game was postponed about 2 hours due to lightning.  It was like a river runs through it all over Provo.  We stopped and bought trash bags to use as ponchos because all ponchos were sold out.  Then we went up to the book store and grabbed some dinner and hung out until the game started.  We beat Texas!  Very unexpected!  Coaches at Texas were fired after the game and all sorts of drama went down with how bad they played.  Haha!  I love it!  Let the football season begin!


 
 A few days later, it was this little lady's 3rd birthday.  There is no way she is 3 already!  I adore her!  Happy Birthday, Sophie!


 Then we jumped into wedding prep.  As I was packing up my stuff at Tricia's, I came across a cookie cutter I had shaped as the United States.  I am doing a map theme for our reception...we probably need 12 dozen United States shaped sugar cookies with purple frosting, right?  Right!  Amy made all the dough for the 12 dozen cookies, and James and I helped her roll, cut, and bake them all.  It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be!  And we got to eat lots of cookies that accidentally got Florida or Maine broken off.  Those darn peninsulas!
James, his mom, and I frosted them a few days later.
 Tricia's mom, Kris also was helping me with the decorations for the reception. She came over one day this week to see everything I had.  This was everything laid out in our front room.  Holy smokes!  I hope it turns out great!  That's a lot of junk!
 Then the weekend before the wedding, my very best girlfriends threw a little bachelorette party for me.  I wanted it to be really low key, so we went to dinner at Red Robin and then went to Tricia's and just talked for a couple of hours.  It was so perfect!  I love them each so much!
Heather and Haley
Tricia and Olivia
 Being almost 34 and single provides for plenty of time to make very dear friends and these are some of the best friends a girl could ask for.  They picked up the pieces of me left over after breakups.  They kept me busy when I couldn't stand being alone.  Most of all, they were always there for some really great times!  Trips, races, craft projects, baking projects, dating drama, work drama, etc.  I feel so blessed to have done all the amazing and truly one-in-a-lifetime things I've done as a single lady.  It really has all worked out perfectly for me!  LOVE you, girls!

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy you had such great roommates after the days with me and Ame! Those girls are awesome! I am just getting caught up on all these posts! The groomals and bridals look beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love YOU! Being your friend is truly a blessing! All the happiness to you & James as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never did get to try one of those US cookies. I bet they were yummy! So many exciting things in September. Sophs even got a tiara. I didn't hear about that. Go cougs and roommates!

    ReplyDelete