I strongly dislike March. It is just too long and too cold! I feel like in January you are still rollin' from time off during Christmas. February is only 28 days, so it is doable. March is 31 long days with no holidays and you are beyond ready for spring to come. As I looked back at all the fun I had in March, I was sort of sad to see it go. I really did so many fun things! From now on, March will be filled with fun!
The last Wednesday in March, Dan, Amy, James, and I went night skiing up at Sundance. We stopped at Nyman's Snow Shop to rent all our gear and to see my old bishop's wife. She went up there with us to ski. Becky gave me my very first skiing lesson probably about 10 years ago. I hadn't been skiing since then. I remember skiing being fun but also painful. Don't forget that I used to be really overweight! Getting that bod down a mountain on skis was not pleasant. I was excited to see if skiing with a much healthier body would be less painful. I was also terrified of getting hurt. I feel like it is sooooo easy to get hurt skiing.
 |
| Isn't he so handsome?! |
 |
| Look how short my skis were! We all laughed about that many times! |
 |
| On the ski lift! |
 |
| Yep we skied down that hill! |
Skiing is so fun and such an adrenalin rush! It was just like riding a bike. I remembered everything from my first lesson 10 years ago, and Dan helped James and I with a lot of great tips. But let's be honest, skiing just hurts. Ski boots are not comfortable at all! We were so excited to take them off! James and I both fell a lot of times, but we got through the night without injury! A success! I wish I had all my own ski gear and that it wasn't so expensive! It's a blast!
A few nights later, the four of us took our second curling lesson. It was so great and we all felt so much more confident in what we were doing. We had a really good instructor too.
 |
| So hard core! |
 |
| One of the instructors told me I have really great form. Perhaps curling is my calling in life! |
 |
| Amy just happened to wear the exact same thing as the last time we went curling...haha! |
 |
| Sweeping is exhausting! |
We are going to try to go curling one more time before the season ends so stay tuned! James may have split his pants really good this time around. It provided lots and lots of laughs! He just kept curling away! Love him!
Here are a couple of other random March pictures..
 |
| Visited this little buddy on his birthday! |
 |
| Soph helped me make homemade noodles for chicken noodle soup one day. |
 |
| Here's James scraping my windows for me before I left one day. He takes such good care of me! |
 |
| He made me this dinner one night from scratch. Grilled chicken with goat cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, and sauteed mushrooms with balsamic basil pasta. I named the dish Taylor Tuscan chicken. It was a dream! |
Very funny about Amy wearing the same outfit. Dad said only a girl would notice something like that. That is definitely something I say all the time. Glad to see you got a post done Ker! You're just too busy having fun to worry about blogging all the time.
ReplyDeleteThe skis are still hilariously short. Skiing is the best. I love it so much. Next year you'll have to come to snowbird for a day because then you can have a midday boot take off when we come in for lunch. But then sometimes you don't want to put them back on! James' love of cooking is really awesome.
ReplyDeleteThat dinner looks amazing! He should probably plan on making that for me sometime! :) Lots of fun things you keep doing! All I could picture was us skiing for the first time and I have such a clear image of you flying down the mountain and then having the most epic crash. It was actually terrifying...thought we lost you there for a minute, but now its a pretty funny picture in my head!
ReplyDelete