I know Valentine's Day gets a bad wrap for being a Hallmark holiday and that we should tell the people we love that we love them everyday, but I don't care! I like Valentine's Day and I was excited for it this year! After all, this was my first time actually having a valentine. I must be a romantic at heart! I even bought myself a new outfit for the occasion. James and I had a great time! He picked me up and we went up to his sister's in Woods Cross. We had dinner with her and her husband and then went back to their house and I taught them how to play PR (progressive rummy...Cosby family game). It was so fun! One of the things I love about this boy is how wonderful his family is! Here are a couple of pictures we took of ourselves before we left for Woods Cross.
When James showed up at my house, I opened the door to him holding a HUGE present for me. He wanted me to open it up immediately. This is what is was...
I am in love with it! I love maps! He did such a great job! I can't wait to get it up on the wall in my new "family room". I have converted Olivia's old bedroom into a second family room. Yes, my couch, chair, entertainment center, TV, coffee table, floor lamp, and two ottomans are somehow crammed into this room. I'll take pictures of the new setup soon (once the pictures are all hung!).
After our time in Woods Cross, I had James open my present to him. Have you ever found the most perfect gift for someone and you COULD NOT wait until they opened it? Well, that was this present. James and I have been watching all the seasons of Downton Abbey because I had never seen them. I found a 2-day Downton Abbey cooking class that we are both going to take in March. This was accompanied with a Downton Abbey cookbook. James loves to cook. I hope to be eating like the Crowley's for many years to come! He was pretty excited about it all! My first Valentine's Day with my very own valentine was a success!!
OH, Ker, you have such a way with words. Love the map--way to go James! You two look quite smashing in your dress-up clothes. Happy Valentine's Day!
ReplyDeleteKer I just love you and love to see you so stinking happy!
ReplyDelete