Friday, February 1, 2013

Antarctic January

Let's all thank the heavens above that January 2013 is over.  Worst Utah January of my life.  Ok, so the weather was the worst of my life, but everything else about life was just great!  I got to spend lots of time with this boy...

BYU basketball game
 And lots of time with these two...
 
Jack even joined me for a basketball game one night...
Jack and Jimmer!
Enjoying a Cougar tail

He told me this was his serious face and you can see the half bag of popcorn he spilled on the floor.

Love this kid!  He was asking so many good questions about basketball.  He really started getting a grasp of what it's all about.  So fun!

 Here is proof of the awful January...
I was a little premature in taking this picture but the total snow fall for January this year was 29.5".  Vomit!
Few things make my grumpier than being cold and having to scrape my windows every single morning while being cold.  I cursed this land every single morning during January I think.  My heart longs to be outside and to go for runs in the great outdoors.  Temperatures like these forbid such action.  I used to laugh at talk of seasonal depression, but I really think these weather patterns started to take a toll on my very soul.  We went like 10 days without seeing the sun.  It makes me want to cry.  The good news is that I've lived here almost 15 years now and there has never been a winter like this.  Lets hope it is at least another 15 years before another one rolls around.  Onto to February!

2 comments:

  1. Miserable weather; good thing you have James to cuddle with to keep you warm! Did I just say that? Love those kiddos with the razzles on their fingers. Let's hope for a nicer February!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, way too cold! Lets bring on the spring!

    ReplyDelete