A few days after we got back from Boise, my parentals rolled into town for my mom's spring break. Kara and Ryan came down from Boise to surprise them. We got to spend Conference weekend all together as a family (minus Deeds...sad day).
| Watching General Conference! Love it! |
The night before my parents left, Tricia, Olivia, and I took them to The Melting Pot for dinner. It is all fondue deliciousness! We wanted to take all our parents to see Wicked here in Salt Lake this summer, but we could never find tickets for when my parentals will be in town, so The Melting Pot was our alternative. You start with cheese fondue, then they bring out huge platters of raw meats and you cook them in different broths. Then you have chocolate fondues for dessert. I could barely breathe afterward. You know that kind of full?! It was awesome!
It was all sorts of goodness! I always cherish the times I get to spend with the fam and with my roomies. Elder Ballard gave the most outstanding talk during Conference about the importance of the family and strengthening families. I'm so grateful for my family and that they are my best friends and the most strengthening influences in my life. One quote from his talk, "Everyone, married or single, can be happy and supportive within whatever family you may have." This made me think of T and O and our little single ladies "family" that we are rockin' with style. I'm so blessed to have them as friends and to call them my "family". Love you all!
LOVE The Melting Pot... We went when I was 8 months pregnant so unfortunately I couldn't stuff myself as full as I wanted.
ReplyDelete