Sunday, April 17, 2011

First Trip to Boise

After my week in San Francisco, I flew to Boise to spend time with Ryan, Kara, and Isaac over Conference weekend. I got into Boise really late Friday night. The first order of business Saturday morning was to kiss this face...
Then we watched General Conference of course! Can I just say that General Conference was amazing?! Just like it always is! I really felt like I got a lot of answers to prayers and concerns. I feel so blessed to be able to hear from our church leaders every 6 months!
Between sessions on Saturday, we headed straight to Baja Fresh. Delicious!
Pardon the greasy Crisco hair...it was pre-shower Saturday morning, but I can't stop kissing these cheeks!!
Saturday night Kara and I hit the town shopping while Ryan went to Priesthood session. I bought clothes and shoes like it was going out of style! It was quite a successful weekend for shopping. I even had enough room in my suitcase to get it all home. Izzy was a champ while Kara and I shopped. He was this happy all the time even when he missed naps and feedings. He's such a gem!
Between sessions on Sunday, we headed into Boise to do some sightseeing. We drove by Ryan's office, the state capitol building, Boise State campus (saw the smurf turf), and a lookout point over the city.
We also drove by the temple. I was able to go do a session on Tuesday morning. It is a lovely little temple! It was so busy though! I kept hearing all the patrons excitedly talking about Pres. Monson announcing during conference that they would be getting a new temple in Meridian, ID. They definitely need it!
On Monday, Kara and I went shopping again...oops! On my way to the airport on Tuesday, we went and visited a friend from BYU, Meredith Gregory. It was great to catch up with her! It was such a fun weekend! I miss the Cosby's living close, but they have a great little setup there in Boise. It was the first of many trips to Boise!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for coming, Ker! We loved having you here so much and can't wait for your next visit!

    ReplyDelete