Last Wednesday, we had the big ultrasound. I'm not going to lie. I was pretty anxious about it. I prayed and prayed and prayed that the baby would be healthy. I knew if something was going to be wrong, the ultrasound would be the first sign of problems. I was also so excited to find out if it was a boy or girl. I was almost positive it was going to be girl. I've had several dreams about the baby, and it had always been a girl except once.
 |
| I sported a new outfit for the occasion! |
We got to the place at St. Mark's Hospital and had to fill out all sorts of paperwork. The paperwork just never ends! Then they called us back and it was go time. Our technician was awesome and explained everything she was looking at. It was so surreal to be seeing the baby. I still wasn't feeling it a ton, so seeing it made it real all over again. She measured the skull, kidneys, stomach, heart, etc. and checked out all the limbs. I was pretty sure when she looked at the legs that I saw a little surprise down there, but I wasn't positive. Then she said, "Well, this baby isn't shy about showing what it is! Can you guess?" A boy it is!
 |
| Face looking straight at his face, so pretty much his skull face. |
 |
| No shame in his game! |
Then they did some 3D shots. The 3D pictures sort of creep me out, not gonna lie about it. But it was neat to actually see him. Look at that sweet face!
 |
| Deeds says this looks like Voldemort...yep, sort of does. |
|
|
He kept opening and closing his mouth like he was talking. There is a man child in there! So crazy! I think I'm still getting used to the idea of it being a boy. I admit, I really wanted it to be a girl. I think since I am the oldest in my family that I wanted a girl to be the oldest. I don't know! But the most important news is that he's healthy and everything looked great! We are so excited and feel so blessed! We immediately when to Target and bought two cute little boy outfits. Then we started calling my family. We waited until Thanksgiving dinner to tell James' family when almost everyone was together. We can't wait to meet the little guy once he's done baking in there! We love him! Let the name search begin!
You look great little mama! Can't wait for him to get here either and to find out his name.
ReplyDelete