Monday, November 4, 2013

My Birthday

Drinking purple cows is a Taylor family birthday tradition.  What is a purple cow you ask?  It reminds me of the grape juliuses my sibs and I used to make when were kids (use grape juice extract instead of orange).  Basically a purple cow is a grape milkshake...grape juice concentrate and vanilla ice cream.  A great way to start off a birthday!  James made me mine Saturday morning since my birthday was on fast Sunday.
 On my birthday eve, this handsome honey...


took me to the same restaurant in Park City that he took me to last year on my birthday (Cafe Terigo).  It is the best thing ever!  I remember when we went there for my birthday last year, he hadn't kissed me yet, and I thought for sure he would kiss me for my birthday.  No such luck!  He did kiss me for the first time a few days later.  And now we are wed!  How crazy awesome is that?!

Oh my!  I love this food! 
The morning of my birthday, we had our first snow.  You can't see it too well in this picture, but there are snowflakes falling behind me.  Not a good birthday present!
But after church, we headed up to the Grossen's for birthday dinner and I got to hold and smooch this little precious...

Amy, Dan, and Luke had just come home from the hospital earlier that day.
Cutest big brother!
Pumpkin delight cake!  That's the name I've given it anyway.
Jack was my birthday cake photographer.  He did great!

Who doesn't need a helping blowing out birthday candles?



Lucky for me, I got to spend my birthday with my momma!  Can't remember the last time that happened!
Well, I'm 34 now!  Oldy moldy!  It was my first birthday as a married gal!  My life is pretty dang great!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very merry birthday! So glad! So that picture with you and James and little Luke... seein' somethin' in the future....? You guys are cute together! (And Amy's babies are so darn cute as well!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a very happy birthday, Ker! I might have to try this purple cow sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Ker. I haven't forgotten that i owe you a present. Maybe your 34 1/2 birthday?

    ReplyDelete