Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Sunset Peak

I finally went hiking! It only took until August 17, but I finally made it up into the mountains!  After work last Friday, T and I headed up Little Cottonwood Canyon to hike to Sunset Peak.  It was only about 3 miles round trip, so it was perfect for a little after work adventure!

You could see Lake Mary, Lake Martha, and Lake Catherine from the top.  So beautiful!

So happy and so sweaty!
About half way along the hike, you come up to this meadow.  It sure was pretty with the sun setting in the background on the way back down.
There was even a moose enjoying the meadow too, as well as some annoying little children who were screaming at the moose.
We also saw a little buck.  Seeing wildlife during hikes is quite exciting as long as its from a distance!


What a great way to kick off the weekend!

1 comment: