Just over 10 years ago, Joo Lin and I graduated with our bachelor's degrees from BYU. Is it possible that it was really that long ago? Joo Lin came to visit me for a long weekend a couple of weekends ago. It was so perfect! She flew in on Thurs night. We got up Friday and headed downtown to Bruge's Waffles. I had to teach Joo about this little gem of a place, and it did not disappoint. I brought peaches for us to put on top...haha! So cheap! They charge like $3 to put peaches on it. Excuse me? I will bring my own!
Then we went shopping like crazy people. We headed down to Amy's for the afternoon. The Olympics started that night so we had a little opening ceremonies party complete with an Olympics cake. I love, love, LOVE the Olympics soooo much! I tried to teach Jack about them. He calls them the Olympkicks.
Joo Lin had two food requests while she was in Utah...Cafe Rio and In-N-Out burger. Done and done! I love food!
On Saturday morning we headed to the temple. I almost always go to the temple solo, so it was awesome going with a friend! This was the first time Joo and I had done a session together. So great! And special thanks to the man who took the pic of us and go the whole temple in it. Awesome!
Later that day, we headed down to Provo for some BYU time. We stopped first at Bridal Veil Falls. It was a beautiful day and I love the mountains so much!
A trip to Provo is hardly complete without a stop at the Brick Oven. Pizza is so good!
Sunday morning we had our friend Annie over for breakfast (the pic is pre-shower so excuse our appearance!), and we went to church. Joo Lin hardly knew what to do with herself being able to just sit and listen to a full 3 hours of church with no little kiddos. We went to Amy's that night for dinner.
It was such a great weekend. Joo Lin was soooo sweet to come visit me. It was the first time she had been away from her girls. Pretty sure she missed them and Kelley a lot! But I'm sure glad they shared Joo with me. It was so fun to reminisce about the BYU days and get caught up. I'm so blessed with so many good friends! Love you, JuJus!!
It really was pretty fun! And I am so impressed with Kelley for letting Joo get away. These pics are just further confirmation that my hair is way too long!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you guys had a blast!...love little friend gatherings!
ReplyDeleteThere's nothing quite like college roommates. Funnest time on the planet!
ReplyDeleteI had so much fun - love you girls! Ker - I have to say that I don't so much think you should post that pic of Annie and us... I looked at it again and I'm not loving myself in it. Haha!
ReplyDelete