Then on Pioneer Day, my roommates' singles ward (my former ward kind of) volunteered at the Deseret News Marathon at a water station. I tagged along. We had to get up at like 3:30am to get there by 5am, and most people didn't have to work that day. I sure did...and was reminded that 4.5 hours of sleep is not nearly enough for this old bod!
A couple of weekends ago, Olivia, Preston, and I did a little hike to Rocky Mouth Falls. It is about a 1/4 mile hike. Its sort of crazy that something so pretty could be so close to the city.
I guess 1/4 mile wasn't quite enough for me, so I climbed up a little rocky canyon to this overlook. There's little me on top.
That same weekend there was a YSA fireside at the Tabernacle that I went to with Olivia and our friend MaryLynn.
As most of you know, I am just a few days away from my half marathon. While I was in the business of spending hundreds of dollars on my hobbies (see backpacking post), I decided to spend another Benjamin and a get a pair of real running shoes. My knees were starting to kill me, and I figured if I'm going to train for and run 13.1 miles, I probably should have a decent pair of shoes. They have been real game-changers let me tell you! I love them! When I was getting fitted for the shoes, the dude kept bring out shoes that were pink or red. Every time he would open a new box I would think....there is no way that this pair is going to pink or red too....and they would be. I am not a pink kinda girl. And we all know I will never purchase something that is red for obvious reasons! So when I finally decided on the style I wanted I timidly asked if they had other colors. Typical girl, I know! Basing my purchase on the color of a product...geez! But hey, if I'm going to spend good money on something, I want to think they look good at least! Thankfully they did have other colors....my favorite color even! Olivia bought a pair too!
![]() | |
| This is us trying to take the picture seen below. |
| Sorry my leg looks deformed a little, but I love these little beauties! |
Finally, last weekend Deeds and I went to the Josh Groban concert. Oh how I love me some JG! He was spectacular just like he always is. Here is Deeds and me at the concert and a little JG video that I took. The sound quality came out pretty dang good so I had to include it.






Very handsome date Ker! Now that's awesome Deeder! I'm glad they had purple shoes Ker. I mean if you are going to spend big bucks you better get what you like. I love that 30 year-old lady as well. I think you must have told us to look silly when you took that picture of us playing cards. Not only do I have a funny grin but I've got the osteo going on as well. what a trooper Ker, getting up so early to help at the marathon. Did you fall asleep at your desk that day? is that legal to tape that music?
ReplyDeleteDang...you and deeds are lookin' mighty fine! And Josh Lover sounded spectacular! Good little random post, Ker! Now that you got your cute shoes...the race should be cake! :)
ReplyDeletep.s. that picture of playing cards is funny for many reason!
Guess I haven't been blog hoppin' in a while. Thanks for the tribute Ker. The card picture is out of this world funny. And I love Josh so much.
ReplyDelete