Thursday, May 12, 2011

New Mexico

I had one more trip for work the last week of April to Valencia County, NM. I flew to Albuquerque on Easter, and was there for a week with my boss, Jen. Valencia County may be the most God-foresaken county in America, but we had a lot of fun while we were there. One night we went up to Old Town Albuquerque and walked around and had dinner. We ate that an amazing Mexican restaurant that is in the oldest building in Albuquerque. Here are a couple pictures of Old Town.


Another night we went back up to Albuquerque and took a tram to the top of Sandia Peak and ate at a restaurant up there. It was soooo windy and freezing! Good thing I was wearing shorts and flips flops! :)


This is a blurry view of Albuquerque from the top of Sandia Peak.

Our greatest find in New Mexico was this restaurant in Los Lunas. This old mansion was built in the 1870s in Los Lunas, and now they have converted it into a restaurant. The food there was unbelievable. I decided it was definitely in the top 5 meals I've ever eaten on NAVTEQ's dime. It was so good we went there twice. Haha! And I got the exact same dish both times...steak, coconut shrimp, baked potato, and grilled zuccini. If I'm ever back in New Mexico, I will definitely be making a trip to the Luna Mansion!


So that was my trip to New Mexico. We had equipment problems and 90% of the roads there are unpaved which makes for very slow and bumpy driving, but the food and fun were awesome!

3 comments:

  1. Don't say God-forsaken. That killed me. Surprised your gall didn't act up on this trip. But the food does sound amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like eating was the key to this trip. Shorts and flip flops--oh, you just never can take the California out of that girl. Very funny Ker, freezing your buns off! Love the mansion!

    ReplyDelete