I have waited a good 24 hours to make sure I don't lash out in complete wrath. I found out yesterday from the boy mentioned in my previous post that he had taken a girl in the ward out a couple of times last week. He wasn't rude about it. He acted like it was a normal thing for him to tell me. Obviously, he was not as emotionally involved as I was. My immediate reaction was anger and hurt. Then it was just anger. Then it quickly turned into complete relief. That was all I needed to know to completely move on. I'm sort of disgusted by him at the moment. My disgust has nothing to do with the girl. She's actually a friend, and she's awesome. It just hurts to know how quickly he moved on while I sobbed my face off all last week. But I feel free now. I feel happy. At Family Home Evening last night, I actually introduced myself to people I didn't know. I actually engaged in conversations with people other than him (didn't talk to him at all, but in the past all my attention would have been on him) and my close friends. It felt so good! I'm back!
Every part of me wanted to remove my previous post. I feel embarrassed and sort of foolish for caring so much, but it was really what I was going through at the time so the post will stay. Huge learning experience! This is why I never date! Way too much drama! Haha! On to bigger and MUCH better things! Oh, and I'm going to go do the dishes now that have been in my sink for over a week! If you don't hear from me for a while, its because I have become Catholic and joined a convent! :)
Seriously...what a relief! It was actually one of the best decisions you made, so now you can be on your way to something so much better! It always just takes a little time to readjust and then you are good as new! I am happy for you and the opportunities that will come!...and please don't join a convent. I saw nuns on Opera yesterday and it was the weirdest thing I have ever seen!...kind of creeped me out actually! :)
ReplyDeleteSorry to be so late in checking your blog. The weekend really did me in. Keep your standards high. Don't lower your goals or desires. That special guy will be found.
ReplyDeleteGlad that you are "back"! Had so much fun spending time with ya this week... I'm serious about you moving in when Haley gets hitched... whenever that will be. We can sell my furniture and we'll find a way to make that bed of yours fit! :) Or there is a condo for sell in the building just south of us? Home ownership? :) LOVE YA!
ReplyDeleteI think becoming Catholic and joining a convent might be a little too permanent girlie! Learning experiences... gotta love them while you hate them at the same time.
ReplyDeleteLove you!