Monday, September 29, 2014

We are Having a Baby!!

Yep, it is true!  Baby Taylor #1 is on its way!  We are so very excited and feel so blessed!  We went to our first doctor's appointment a couple of weeks ago and got to see the little wiggle worm.  It made it so real!  We finally told all our family members.  It was so fun to tell everyone!  This baby is going to be loved by so many!
I've heard my whole life how motherhood is a great sacrifice, and I completely understand that.  We sacrifice our bodies, our time, a lot of our desires, and a whole lot more to bear and raise children.  I thought I was mentally prepared for this.  I had no idea it started when they were the size of a green olive.  Holy smokes this baby has turned my world upside down! I don't want to sound like I'm complaining because it is completely worth it, and I know many women who would give anything to have morning sickness.  However, I do want to document how pregnancy has changed life in the Taylor household.
I have been so incredibly blessed to be able to work from home.  Being ten feet from my bed and five feet from a toilet has been a gift.  There have been days that I stumble out of bed, work a few hours, puke, work a few more hours, take a nap for lunch, work a few more hours, puke, and then go right back to bed.  Most days have not been that bad, but I miss feeling normal.  I miss being able to exercise.  This baby will have none of that!  I tried many times and it would throw my day into a downward spiral.  So for now, my exercise is growing this little one.  I am so tired of eating.  Never in one million trillion bagillion years would I ever have thought I would say those words.  I have to eat something every 1-2 hours to keep something in my stomach or things get ugly very fast.  The problem with this is that nothing sounds good.  Entering the kitchen makes me gag especially our pantry.  I have to go downstairs with a definite purpose in what I'm grabbing to eat and not think about it or breathe out of my nose.  This is what my desk looks like most days...
Look at all that sugar!  This kid is going to be addicted before birth.
 Mornings are the best time of day for me.  I feel worse as the day goes on, with the worst time of day being about 4-7pm.  I usually finish work and head straight down to the couch.  I don't leave the couch (except to pee, which is just about hourly) until we head to bed.  James has been incredible!  This has been my view almost every night...
 He comes home from work and makes us dinner.  What sounds good an edible can change in an instant.  One night all I wanted was chicken fajitas.  James came home and made delicious fajitas.  By the time they were ready, I wasn't sure I could eat them.  I hoovered one down anyway just to put something in my stomach.  It came right back up within minutes.  It was the most barf I have ever seen in my life.  All things that I once loved sound terrible...cold cereal being the big one.  Oh and ice cream too...who doesn't want to eat ice cream?  Absurd!  Needless to say life is so weird right now.  All I do is eat, work, eat, barf, lay, watch TV, barf, and sleep.  I feel useless.  James reassures me all the time that I'm doing the most important work for our family right now.  I want to cook and clean and make our new house a home.  So far all my time in the new house has been yucky.  Wowsers...it has been rough!  The one good thing is that as long as I'm sick, I know the baby is in there and growing, and we are so grateful for that!  The light is at the end of the tunnel as the first trimester is coming to a close soon.  Let's keep our fingers crossed that I'm not one of those rare women who is sick the whole time.
We can't wait to find out if its a boy or girl!  That should happen in mid-December.  We love our little green olive baby!

2 comments:

  1. Growing a baby is so much work! And then everything after is a lot of work too! ;) But what an exciting time for you two...it's all so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little green olive! Cute! Too bad that olive didn't turn out to be a girl because you could have named her Olive or Oliva in remembrance of your friend and the beginning stages of this little gem. Oh, I guess Oliver works! James is the greatest. I just can't imagine having to be so sick. I was definitely spoiled in that regard.

    ReplyDelete