Saturday, August 16, 2014

Anchorage and #91 on the Bucket List Complete!

When the possibility of going to Anchorage came up, I was the first to volunteer.  Normally, I would avoid traveling for work like the plague because I hate being away from James, but a chance to go to Alaska on the company's dime just couldn't be passed up!  James agreed with me!  We looked into him coming with me, but my flight was almost $1000, so that was a no go!

I left late on Sunday, and got to Anchorage later that evening.  It was a two hour time difference.  It was beautiful and a good trip.  Chad from the Seattle office met me there.  We drove all over Anchorage Monday-Wednesday, and we were supposed to be there until Friday, but we finished everything up Wednesday evening.  We are awesome!  So we switched flights and left early Thursday morning.
Forgive me that 80% of my pictures there are of food.  This is what I would send James every day to document my delicious meals!





 One morning I got up super early and hit the 5:30am session at the Anchorage temple.  It was wonderful!

 That day, Chad and I got to drive down the coast to the town of Girdwood and the ski resort town of Alyeska.  Stunning!




This was a close to any bears that I got.
More food!  Bison burger!

 
Now I can check Alaska off my list of states that I've been to!  I really want to go back someday and do more sightseeing.  I want to see Mount McKinley and go fishing and whale-watching and see moose and bears!  My impressions of Alaska from this trip are that there are a lot of homeless Native American/Eskimo people wandering around and almost everyone has a personalized license plate.  It must not cost extra to personalize your license plate there.  The food was delicious!  I was excited to get home earlier than expected...big news on the horizon!!

On the way home I got to cross another thing off my bucket list...#91 - Fly first class.  Because I had to change my flights last minute, it was somehow cheaper to fly first class on the second leg of my flight.

I got sit in the swanky lounge during my 4 hour layover in Seattle and eat free food and watch ESPN.
 

My big cushy seat!

A real glass cup and drinks before we took off.
 
A cushioned seat belt.
They also brought around hot towels right before we landed.  My overall synopsis...meh!  The swanky lounge was nice, but everything else wasn't all that great.  Not worth the price unless I'm not paying for it!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you have been to way more temples than me, lucky girl and you always find the best eats Ker!

    ReplyDelete