James and I had tickets to the Utah Symphony's performance of the Music of Pixar last weekend. Unfortunately, James has come down with strep throat. Poor husband! He was miserable the day of the Symphony, so I called in reinforcements. Jack was my date! It was pretty lucky that it was the music of Pixar and not a classic symphony performance. Perfect for a 5-year-old date!
We started off with dinner at the City Creek Center.
Then we hopped on TRAX over to Abravenal Hall. Jack thought the sculpture in the lobby was the "grossest" thing he had ever seen.
We had a few minutes to wander around and take lots of funny pictures.
 |
| Jack was also horrified by the picture of this kind woman. Here is his imitation of her. |
Having some fun during intermission...
 |
| A cool picture of the temple from inside the lobby. |
 |
| If my handsome husband can't be my date, then I'll take this handsome nephew any day! |
 |
| He was completely enthralled! So cute! |
 |
| Headed home on TRAX |
When Jack and I left for the symphony, Sophie came complete unglued. She was in hysterics. It broke my heart! A few days later I took her on a special date to see Frozen. She wouldn't go with me alone, so Jack came too. We had a great time! Complete with dinner and churros at Costco afterward. I hope she forgives me!
What awesome fun you two had. You are such a good aunt. I hadn't heard about your date with Sophie. Very cute that she insisted that Jack join the two of you. I would say she has forgiven you.
ReplyDeleteSorry James was sick, but fun for you and Jack! He is one lucky kid!
ReplyDelete