Our reception was perfect! I can't imagine anything being more perfect! It was so beautiful and so purple. Love, love, love! We realized that we had never taken a picture with both sets of parents, so that was at the top of the to do list. This day wouldn't have been possible without them! We love them so much and are so grateful for their examples of happy marriages. James and I really feel so blessed!
 |
| The little candles leading up to the door of the church. |
 |
| The entry into the reception. |
 |
| Our sign in table. |
I asked Ryan to make me a few maps of important places in mine and James' lives. He did such an awesome job! We had a map of CA, one of AZ, one with several small maps on it (Provo, Spain, Peru, Boise, and Turks & Caicos), and some of the most important spots here in Utah for how "We" came to be. I love them! We got so many compliments on them.
I also loved the centerpieces. Tricia did so great with the flowers, and everything came together perfectly!
We had Jason Merryweather (executive chef at Thanksgiving Point) cater our reception. He was so awesome to work with! And the food was amazing! He prepared bride and groom plates for us to take afterward so we got to try everything. Our menu: Italian subs, vegetable tray, fruit tray, lemon curd tarts with blackberries and chocolate tarts with carmel and pecans. And don't forget the United States sugar cookies with purple frosting!
 |
| The food spread and look that those beautiful flowers! |
Our cake was by far my favorite thing about the reception. It turned out so beautiful! I love the cake toppers that had been used by almost all of James' siblings. I love that the cake was sitting on a suitcase that my grandpa had kept all his love letters to my grandma in. I love that we had wedding pictures of our parents and grandparents surrounding the cake. I loved every detail of this table! And again, Tricia did so great with the flowers!
 |
| Look at the detailed stencil work! Stunning! |
 |
| Cutting the cake was the only traditional wedding reception thing we did, and we had agreed ahead of time not to make a mess of each other. |
 |
| The best did all the cake cutting and serving for us! Love them! |
Here are some other shots of reception decor...
 |
| My bouquet! I loved it! On my map end table that Noelle made for my shower! |
While everything about the reception was perfect, the thing that made it truly the best was all people. We got to see so many family members and friends! It was awesome! I wish there was a way I could have talked to everyone for more than 1 minute! That's the worst thing about your wedding day! All the people you love the most are there and you are so busy, you don't get a chance to spend much time with them.
 |
| Us and the Schofield's |
 |
| Us and the Cosby's and Superman |
 |
| Me and O and T! |
James' nieces and nephews were all so nice to take care of clearing the tables and watching our gift table. They are the best!
 |
| Hilary |
 |
| Katie |
 |
| Devon and Max (with bloody nose) |
 |
| Just had to include this picture because Henry is so cute! |
 |
| JooLin and her girlies! |
 |
| Noelle and Brandon |
 |
| Almost all the girl Cosby cousins...minus Katrina |
 |
| Saying goodbye before we head off on our honeymoon! |
 |
| James' nieces and nephews decorated our car. We weren't thrilled, but at least it was tasteful and easy to clean! And it was pretty dang cute! |
A few more random pics...
 |
| My ring with the wedding band! It is the most beautiful ring on earth! |
 |
| James' boutonniere |
So that was our reception! The wedding day was exhausting, exciting, overwhelming, perfect, and unforgettable! It took so much planning. It was stressful at times. I had a couple of breakdowns in the process. But when all was said and done, it was spectacular. My mom did so much to help me plan it! I talked to her every single day I think. Tricia's mom and our friend, Reagan, helped make all the decorations come together to look so cute! We got so much help from so many people. The outpouring of love was truly humbling! When James and I got to our hotel room that night, we ate the yummy food that had been saved for us, and we talked about how truly blessed we were. We went through every single person who helped us in any way. It was overwhelming how much love we had been shown. We cried feeling so blessed and so humbled and so excited to start our new journey together!
I just really love you. These pictures made me so so happy!! Holla to patience and marriage and families.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations again!!! I am pumped that you are so so so happy. :)
Everything about this day was just perfect! Love it!
ReplyDeleteIt was an outstanding day! Everything was so great and you two are blessed with two wonderful family, lots of friends. A big thanks to everyone that helped in anyway.
ReplyDelete