Last weekend, I went camping with Brett again at the usual spot up by Guardsman Pass. It was a lot cooler this time, but there were almost no mosquitoes! Yay! We backpacked in after work on Friday, set up camp and got the fire going. Brett and I have this down to a science now.
While the fire burned down to make hot coals to cook dinner, we wandered over to the rock that goes out into the lake. We like to find as many salamanders as we can. There were lots of little babies this time. They are sort of disgusting!
Then we went back to camp and put dinner on to cook. Yes, that is a two steaks, two chicken breasts, and two ears of corn on the cob we've got cooking there. Oh, and a bag of Stacy's pita chips to my right. We don't mess around! And don't be jealous of my socks! :)
While dinner cooked, we went over the big rock pile and ate wild raspberries. It is bizarre to me the raspberries grow up through the cracks of these huge boulders, but I sure do love them! Yummmm!
It was a full moon that night too. So beautiful!
This is how I eat steak while camping!
And a little s'more for dessert is always a must!
Don't I look cute? :) I took this picture to make sure nothing too crazy was going on with my hair since I didn't have a mirror. I didn't sleep so great that night. I was overheating in my awesome new sleeping bag all night long and couldn't get comfortable. I also need to purchase a small pillow. Using my hoodie as a pillow just doesn't get the job done!
Nothing quite like waking up to the sun coming into your tent!
I love this lake! We can't find it anywhere on local maps, so it remains nameless, but I sure love it! It's so peaceful and lovely!
Me and Brett all ready for the hike back out.
Continuing our tradition of stopping at the Silver Fork Lodge for breakfast. I got a hot chocolate this time. It was homemade and delicious!
Hopefully we can get one more camping trip in before it gets too cold! Always love it!
So beautiful! That is fun to hike around and camp - glad you're having so much fun!
ReplyDeleteI love that you love the outdoors so much! I didn't make it camping once this year! Dang!
ReplyDeletePretty sight, the sun through the trees. You guys sure know how to get your grub on! You have been busssssssssssssssssssssssy!
ReplyDelete