January
- Started my new healthy lifestyle (pants size = 20)
- Spent a week in Kanab, UT for work
February
- Helped out with ailing siblings-in-law (Dan’s Crohn’s surgery and Kara’s gall bladder surgery)
- Surprised my parents with a trip home to Bakersfield with Kara, Ryan, and Deeds
- Bought size 18 pants
- Went to a Polynesian missionary homecoming party for a missionary who served in Bakersfield – so funny!
- Played on stake RS basketball team – I could actually run around and play for a while without dying!
March
- Went to a concert all alone for the first time – Michael BublĂ© (what a hot lover!)
- I guess March was a boring month, Bublé is all I got for March
April
- Spent a night in Park City with my friends, Heather and Marchelle, and went shopping at the outlet mall
- Celebrated Deeds’ graduation from BYU with the fam. Way to go Deeds!
- Spent a week in Logan, UT for work and visited the house I used to live in and the elementary school I went to
- Did a session at a new temple - Logan Temple
May
- Bought size 16 pants
- Went on my first hike of the summer to the “Y” with Ryan
- Hiked Ensign Peak with girls in my ward
- Hiked Brighton Lakes with Heather and Michelle
June
- Lakers win the NBA Championship and ate In-N-Out to celebrate (my first and only In-N-Out of 2010)
- Awesome family vacation in Park City in the most awesome condo ever
- Hiked Donut falls with wardies for FHE
- Bought size 14 pants
July
- Went on a blind date, my first sort of real date in years (if you consider blind dates real)
- Carrie Underwood concert at Stadium of Fire
- Visited Scott and Nancy and the boys in Denver for a weekend
- Spent a week in Denver for work
- Served as water passer outer at a marathon at 4am
- Hiked the “Y” again
- Hiked Mineral Fork with Brett – 9 miles roundtrip
- Released from the Relief Society presidency
- Did a session at a new temple – Vernal Temple
August
- Road trip to Bakersfield with Amy, Jack, and Kara for a week vacation
- Moved to my new apartment
- Bought a king size bed and a washer and dryer
- JooLin and Seoul came to visit for a long weekend
- Taught my first gospel doctrine lesson
- Went a real date for the first time in years – a boy I actually was interested in asked me on a date
- John Mayer concert with Amy for her birthday
September
- Went to Swiss Days in Midway, UT with Heather
- Hiked to Lake Solitude with Michelle and Heather
- Went to 2 BYU home football games
- Hiked Mt. Timpanogos with Heather – 17 miles roundtrip
- Bought size 12 pants
- Went backpacking and camped overnight up Big Cottonwood Canyon with Brett and Heather
- Sophie Darlene Grossen born! Yay! My first niece!
- Spent a few days in St. George for work and saw Tarzan at the Tuacahn Theater
- Went on a another real date with a different boy that I was actually interested in – I’m liking this one a lot!
- Celebrated Jack’s 2nd birthday
October
- Went to 2 more BYU home football games
- Isaac Lee Cosby born! Yay! Another nephew!
- Hiked the “Y” again
- Lakers ring ceremony party
- Mom and Dad came to visit for Sophie’s blessing and to meet Isaac, and we took family pics
- Played stake RS volleyball
- Spent lots of time with boy mentioned in September
November
- Celebrated my 31st birthday!
- Received size 10 pants for a birthday present and they fit!
- Went to 1 more BYU home football game
- Celebrated Thanksgiving twice, once with Dedo and Allan’s family and once with Deeds and the Grossen’s
- Ran my first race – Utah Human Race 5k – 34ish minutes
- Still spent lots of time with same boy
December
- Ran my second race – Winter Sun 10k in Moab – 1 hours 4 minutes
- Spent a weekend in Moab with Haley and Heather – hiked to Delicate Arch
- Did a session at a new temple – Oquirrh Mountain Temple
- Bought size 8 pants (my original goal size!!)
- Boy just wants to be friends…boring…and moronic! Oh well! On to bigger and better things!
- Spent a week at home for Christmas with my amazing family
- Rang in the New Year with the most awesome friends on the planet!
So my year was so, so, SO great! I learned so much about myself, and made so many amazing memories. I spent more hours exercising this year than I have in my entire life combined. I ate lots and lots of fruits, veggies, and wheat things. I went on more dates than I have in my entire life combined. It’s interesting how when I actually am in love with myself, other people start to love me too. I am forever grateful for my dear family. They are truly all my best friends. I also made many lifelong new friends who have blessed my life in so many ways that I can’t even count them. I feel overwhelmed with all the blessings that I have been given. I am so anxious to jump into 2011 and make it just as awesome as 2010 was! Now it just needs to stop being winter so I can go hiking and camping!!
And here are just a few before and after pictures:
Me in December 2009
Love it and you! It was a great year! You look so good and I am so happy for you meeting your goals! We better make some awesome plans for this year to compete with all the great things from 2010! :)
ReplyDeleteLOVE. All of it :)
ReplyDeleteWow, I had not idea of your weight loss, you go girl!- BEN T.
ReplyDeleteYou rock Ker. We love you. I would never have known that you didn't love yourself. You always seemed happy to me. Maybe it is just that you are just more happy now! What a great accomplishment though--Way to go and on with 2011!
ReplyDelete