I am a hiking maniac! I love it! I love the challenge! I love the beautiful things I get to see, and I love the adventure that lurks around every corner. Here are some pictures of my recent hiking adventures. Sorry for my blogging absense! I’ve been doing so many awesome things lately, I have been overwhelmed with the number of posts I need to do. This is the first of many. Enjoy! These first pictures are from Memorial Day weekend. Some girlfriends and I hiked up to Ensign Peak. It is such an amazing view of the Salt Lake Valley. The hike isn’t very long, so we kept hiking up a nearby mountain. That is the picture of me running up the mountainside. Yep, look at those calves of steel!!



These next pictures are from a ward FHE when we hiked to Donut Falls. Apparently the waterfall goes through a rock that looks like a donut. I’ve never gotten close enough to see the donut, so who really knows!



Then when my parents were here a few weeks ago, I made them hike up to the Y with me. Ryan joined along on the hike again too. I love Provo!


Finally, our hike last weekend was to the Brighton Lakes. All the beautiful scenic pictures are of Lake Mary. We eventually were hiking over large snow mounds and lost the trail, so we never made it to Lake Katherine. We were bummed, so we decided to blaze our own trail around Lake Mary. It probably wasn’t the safest thing we’ve ever done, but we’re still alive! We scaled large boulders and shimmied our way down really steep terrain. Quite the adventure, but so beautiful!! 




These next pictures are from a ward FHE when we hiked to Donut Falls. Apparently the waterfall goes through a rock that looks like a donut. I’ve never gotten close enough to see the donut, so who really knows!I wonder what he’s doing?!? Sometimes I think it would be so convenient to be a dude!
Stay tuned for more hikes! We have big plans!
I love that you love hiking so much because I am pretty sure not too long ago you had a hard time thinking of anything worse than hiking! haha...my how times change! Way to go Ker! :)
ReplyDeleteHaha - I laugh at Kara's comment because I do remember that in college a bit... hiking? what?? I think it's great that you love it now because it is super fun and there is such beautiful scenery around.
ReplyDeletePS You are looking just fabulous! It's fun to see pics of you and your fam - say hi to them for me!
PPS I like the new blog look :)