Friday, January 8, 2010

It's So Hard to Say Goodbye to 2009

I'm not normally one to get sentimental or nostalgic about starting a new year, but I'm not going to lie, 2009 was a great, great year in the life of me. It took 2009 ending for me to really sit and think about all the great things that I experienced in those 365 days. Here is a summary:

* Spent two weeks in Vancouver for work mapping it and getting it ready for the 2010 Olympics (which starts in 25 day, I love the Olympics!)
* After close to 6 years of searching, I found a hair stylist that I actually like. Thank you, Kelli at Gatsby Salon!
* Draper Temple Open House and Dedication
* Attended a fireside where LaVell Edwards was the keynote speaker. Living legend!
* Spent Memorial Day weekend in Portland with my dear friend, Joo Lin, her husband, Kelley, and their new cute baby, Seoul. I also got to see my cousin, Troy, and his family!
* Went to my first NBA Playoffs game - Lakers lost that game of course, but see following bullet...
* LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPIONS
* Trip of a Lifetime with Kara and Ryan - Niagara Falls, Palmyra, NYC (where I got to see my dear friend, Megan), Philadelphia, and Washington, DC
* Harry Potter 6 at midnight on opening day
* Oquirrh Temple Open House and Dedication
* Camping at Mutual Dell - I love, love, love camping!
* Spent Labor Day in Denver visiting my aunt and uncle and their family, and I got to have lunch with some of my work peeps too
* Keith Urban concert - hottest Australian lover!
* Spent a weekend in Bakersfield with Amy and Jack visiting my parents
* Celebrated Jack's first birthday
* Organized and carried out a successful Relief Society Retreat - with lost of help from my ward peeps!
* Paid off my car - what a miracle to not have that bill every month!
* Road tripped to Vegas with Amy for a friend's wedding who we hadn't seen in years and got to see my cousin Wyatt and his wife, Megan
* Turned 30-years-old!!
* BYU beat Utah and won their bowl game!!
* Huge Thanksgiving feast with Deeds
* Spent a weekend in Moab with my dear friend, Heather, went to Arches and Canyonlands for the first time
* Saw my dear friend, Roxy, and her family twice
* Watched over 100 episodes of Criminal Minds to get all caught up to the current season - Derek Morgan where are you? Please come kiss my lips!
* Great, relaxing Christmas with the fam
* Great, relaxing New Years with the fam
* New temples visited: Palmyra and Monticello
* Many new friends made

Isn't it quite easy to see why I was just a little bit sad to see 2009 go? I feel like I'm missing a ton of things too. Please add to my post if I am missing stuff. Hopefully 2010 can measure up! I wonder what trips I should go on this year...

8 comments:

  1. I feel so flattered that I could get mentioned on your blog- thanks!!! And thanks for all YOU did to make my 2009 a fabulous one :) Long live the BL, 24, Moab, temple trips where my dress zipper consistently broke and MUCH more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plus you motivate me to update my blogs as well. Thanks for that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't really think of anything else. In-n-Out coming to Utah perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is up with you having a blog and me finding out about it only off of Amy's blog?!

    Silly.

    But I do like that I was mentioned in my first time reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummmm.... i got something else you can add to your list.... witnessing 2 game winning shots by kobe bryant

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish my memory worked as well as yours. You have a great life Ker. We are so lucky to have you in our family and in our life. Here's to an even more exciting and eventful 2010. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for a fabulous life! I'm so glad you are happy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know you had a blog either, Kerri! You had an amazing 2009!! I hope 2010 is even better for you!

    ReplyDelete