Saturday, November 7, 2009

My 10,950th Day on Earth

Let me be the first to welcome myself to the blogging world! What better way to start off a blog than with my 30th birthday. I am terrible at writing in my journal, so I decided to keep a photo journal of everything I did on this big day. It started like every other weekday of my life...my alarm going off at 6:26am. Don't I look beautiful at 6:26am?



Then after a quick shower and blow drying of the hair (literally takes 1 minute with these short locks...love it!), it was time for some scripture study. Then I finished making myself beautiful for the day.


Every morning while I'm getting ready, I flip on the Today Show. Matt, Meredith, Anne, and Al area a great way to start off the day! I tuned in just in time to hear Matt Lauer say the date. I thought, "thank you, Matt Lauer, for remembering my birthday!" I stand at this very spot in my kitchen every morning and eat my bowl of cereal. Oatmeal Square today....yummm!
Then it was off to the workplace. I drove there in my very own car. My birthday present to myself was to have my car paid off by my birthday. It feels like a dream not to have that car payment anymore! I love my car!

It was pretty much your standard day at the office as far as work goes. This is me at my desk mapping something really important I'm sure. My awesome coworkers, Renee and Holly, took me to lunch. We went to the Apple Spice Junction. It is one of those places that I drive by fairly often and think...I should go try that place sometime. So today was the day. It was delicious!

Later in the afternoon, Amy and Jack came to visit me. Could there be a better way to celebrate your birthday than to play with your sister and nephew? I don't think so! They brought me a customized box of See's Candy with all my favorite chocolates. See's butterscotch squares are among the absolute best things that ever touch mouth. To die for!

Amy and I look so pasty white in that picture compared to Jack...sort of gross, but at least we are cute! Jack helped me open up my presents from my parents. Hurray....a food processor, purple slippers, earrings, and a new purse! Jack did not love that purse being around his neck.

After work, I headed home and met up with my friend, Heather. We headed off to be productive citizens and vote. Sometimes I get so lucky and get to vote on my birthday, and it just to happened to fall on the same day this year. God bless America!

After voting, Heather and I headed to the Jordan River Temple for some dinner in the cafeteria and then ward temple night. We met up with our dear friend, Michelle, and had a great temple session!


After the temple, Heather and Michelle took me to Cold Stone for some birthday ice cream. Delicious, delicious, delicious! Heather has a problem with always closing her eyes in photos. This picture is included in honor of her!

As soon as I got home, I flipped on Sports Center to see if the Lakers won. You know they did! Another great birthday present! Thanks, Kobe and the gang!

What a great birthday! Thanks to everyone for making my day so special! I was exhausted after such a fun-filled birthday! And I am 30 now....so so tired! Good night!

Here's to another 10,950 days on earth (and hopefully more)! Stay tuned for a post on my big birthday bash that we had a few days later!

P.S. Thanks to everyone for all the birthday love on Facebook and in text messages. I think I had over 50 message on Facebook that day! Love you all!

5 comments:

  1. I love ya Kerri! I'm so happy you joined the blogging world!! You're beautiful - happy 30th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You included a pic of me with my eyes closed.... I totally love it!!! And.... I didn't know that you began each day with the Today show! I do (did)too- the main thing I don't like about my new work schedule is that I can't hear Matt Lauer announce the date and top stories anymore- Such is life :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! I have to admit that I'm jealous...I celebrated my 30th two weeks ago, but no Matt Lauer, temples, or See's chocolates. Shanghai does have one Coldstone, though, so that's something...

    Love you, love your blog. I am officially a reader!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Classic. You said something about being a wee tot. That killed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Apple Spice.... we get that catered at my work all the time.

    ReplyDelete